|SECTOR:||Telecommunications and Space Science Sector|
|LABORATORY:||Electromagnetic Theory Laboratory|
University Campus Kimmeria, Building B, Office 2.17
|TELEPHONE:||+30 25410 79986, Fax: +30 25410 79985|
- Electromagnetic Fields I
- Electromagnetic Fields II
- Remote Sensing
- Space Measurements Analysis
- Physics of Planet Magnetospheres
- Applications of Numerical Methods in Electromagnetism and Plasma
Fr. Georgios Anagnostopoulos is a full Professor on Space Electrodynamics. He is a member of the Electromagnetic Theory Laboratory in the Section of Telecommunications and Space Science, ECE / DUTH. He holds Diplomas in Physics (UoA) and Theology (AUTH). PhD in ECE/ DUTH. His main scientific research lays on the fields of Electrodynamics of the Planetary Magnetospheres, the Interplanetary Space and MHD Shock Waves. He has taught cources, in undergraduate and post graduate level, on Electromagnetism, Space Science, Remote Sensing, Bio-Electromagnetism, Philosophy of Science and Environmental Ethics in various Departments of DUTH and in other European Universities (Moscow University) .
Professor G. Anagnostopoulos has developed innovative multidisciplinary scientific directions, which combine Space Science and Earth’s Observation from space (Remote Sensing). These studies include the relation of Space Weather with Earthquake Prediction Research and extreme atmospheric weather events, as well as the effects of electromagnetic radiation on mental health and human behavior. His broader interests extend to the Theology of the Greek Fathers, the critical studying of certain relevant philosophical theologies and the relations among Science-Technology-Society- Religion. He has visited several Institutions for scientific collaboration, as for instance the Imperial College / England, the Applied Physics Laboratory-Johns Hopkins University / USA, the Space Research institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences and the University of Moscow (Lomonosov) / Russia. He has presented a large number (~100) of publications in scientific journals and books as well as talks (> 500) in national and international Conferences, Meetings and Seminars. He has analyzed data from a large array (>20) of space missions (IMP-6, 7, 8, ISEE-1, 2, GEOTAIL, POES series, POLAR, INTERBALL, VOYAGER, ACE, SDO, TERRA etc). Guest investigator to the ULYSSES, DEMETER / French and CSES / China missions.
He is a priest of the Orthodox Christian Church and he serves voluntarily in the Metropolis of Xanthi.
- C. Anagnostopoulos, M. Basta, A.N. Vgontzas, A.G. Rigas, V.G. Vassiliadis, S.J. Baloyannis, T.S. Koutsomitros, «Differential effects of earthquakes on patients with bipolar disorder versus schizophrenia: Findings from Crete, Greece, 2008–2010», Psychiatriki, Volume 30, Issue 3, 2019.
- Patsourakos, M. K. Georgoulis, A. Vourlidas, A. Nindos, T. Sarris, G. Anagnostopoulos, A. Anastasiadis, G. Chintzoglou, I. A. Daglis, C. Gontikakis, N. Hatzigeorgiu, A. C. Iliopoulos, C. Katsavrias, A. Kouloumvakos, K. Moraitis, T. Nieves-Chinchilla, G. Pavlos, D. Sarafopoulos, P. Syntelis, C. Tsironis, K. Tziotziou, I. I. Vogiatzis, G. Balasis, M. Georgiou, L. P. Karakatsanis, O. E. Malandraki, C. Papadimitriou, D. Odstrčil, E. G. Pavlos, O. Podlachikova, I. Sandberg, D. L. Turner, M. N. Xenakis, E. Sarris, K. Tsinganos and L. Vlahos, “The major Geoeffective Solar Eruptions of 2012 March 7: Comprehensive Sun-to-Earth Analysis”, The Astrophysical Journal, Volume 817, Number 1, 2016.
- K.Marhavilas, O.E.Malandraki, G.C.Anagnostopoulos, “Survey of caveats in low-energy particle measurements: Ulysses/HI-SCALE and ACE/EPAM Instruments”, Vol. 117, November 2015, Pages 192-206
- Anagnostopoulos, G.C., “Essay on a comparison between scientific and theological epistemology ”, European Journal of Science and Theology, 2016.
- C. Anagnostopoulos, M. Basta, Z. Stefanakis, V.G. Vassiliadis, A.N. Vgontzas, “A study of correlation between seismicity and mental health: Crete, 2008–2010”, Geomatics, Natural Hazards and Risk, 6(1), 2015.
GOOGLE SCHOLAR LINKhttps://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=KYBjDcsAAAAJ